Christmas Wishes & Back to School Readiness
Christmas Wishes Program
Each year, community partners reach out through Operation Love Ministries help make Christmas bright! You can help make Christmas a time of celebration and wonder for struggling children, families, and singles. Over 250 families and 600 children will receive a Christmas basket of food and basic needs items, gifts for each child, winter essentials such as coats, hats, scarves and gloves, and a Bible if desired.
- Christmas meal box for singles or families
- Toys for any children
- Basic essentials as available (shoes, coats, hats, gloves, soap, etc)
- Full family sponsorship available for those with critical needs and emergency situations
Registrations by appointment Mon, Tues, Thurs in October
No-Charge Shopping Experience in early December
Families experiencing a one-time emergency and have not been “sponsored” previously may register for sponsorship. Thus, those with the highest needs can be considered for sponsorship by area businesses, small groups, or individuals. Best of all, these sponsors may not only provide gifts but also any urgent supplies such as diapers, clothing, or even Christmas trees if needed.
Together, we can help make the holiday season bright. We are privileged to work alongside our community and build long lasting relationships with families as we walk alongside them through emergency situations, cycles of poverty, and financial difficulties.
Back to School Readiness Program
- Backpacks for children in need
- Items matched to the need for each child, given the school supply list provided
- Special clothing pantry shopping experience for back-to-school clothes
- Partnerships with several area organizations to provide supplies and/or backpacks to pre-qualified participants
Registrations by appointment Mon, Tues, Thurs in Jun/July
Community Distribution in July/August